Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crazyness

Ok now I warn ya yes I am mentioning the almost government shutdown but only because it relates to what I was gonna talk a little about.

So I am sure that most people know that the government almost shut down last night and that it meant there was going to be a bunch of people who had to go to work and not get paid, also military would only get half a paycheck and then there were the very unlucky people who would not be allowed to go to work and therefore would not get paid for going to work (back pay for the military peoples). Well crisis avoided thank goodness. But what I really wanted to mention was the commissary was flipping absolutely insane. The threat of the shutdown had information out saying if the government shut down then the commissaries would close because I believe they are government funded.

You wouldve thought that we were bracing for Armageddon or a severe winter storm. I made the mistake of going because I was buying a couple things for dinner and ended up inside the madness! Anyways so I get my tired kiddos out of the jeep and it was like 1630 (430pm I still type military time sometimes I apologize). So I drag my kiddos inside to find a line of people starting to form because there was absolutely no carts except two carts with the little cars attached in the front for kiddos. (I forgot to mention there was little parking and for my commissary thats bad... it does not even get like that on payday!) No one in the line had kiddos with them so I walked up and grabbed one of the kid carts. Everyone was running around and grabbing everything they could! I got bumped 4 times and pushed (well it felt like a push) 1 time. It took me an hour to grab like 10 things and go through the line and get out to my jeep! I was like AHH! Even the bagger who helped me out was like "today is a freaking madness! you would think they would want to save their money!?"

Now fast forward to this morning. I wake up to find out that the govt didnt shut down because a deal had been struck and they are signing the final papers this week. Fantastic! They have 6 months to figure out next years budget so we will see. I feel bad for all the people who rushed to the commissary cause nothing happened. But hopefully this situation will not happen again.

Thats all for tonight. I gotta go to bed soon since I have some more homework to do tomorrow and try to relax also.

Have a good night everyone!
Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment