Monday, May 23, 2011

Random Thoughts

Ok so this past week has been really crazy.

My husband's grandfather passed away last monday. Nick went out to the field on Tuesday and came home on Wednesday when the Red Cross message was received. We drove the 6 hours to get there (only bad thing is Kaitlynn had a panic attack in the truck and we had to pull over for 25 minutes trying to calm her down and make sure she didnt have to throw up. She gets really bad motion sickness and has projectile vomit when shes in a vehicle longer than 90-120 minutes without dramamine in her system) We spent time with family at the visitation and then spent the night in the hotel. Only bad thing that happened with the hotel room is that Kaitlynn stayed up til 0130 and then around 0400 she actually fell outta the bed and then was up for the day at 0645. Nick wore his ASUs to the funeral because his grandfather was an Army Air Force Vet. We got a little upset at the funeral because the Army representative that they had out there was just horrible with all of his movements and folding the flag. Almost seemed half ass. Now I by no means am a professional funeral attender/flag folder but it was just so half assed that I thought I was gonna Gibbs smack him in the back of the head. (Yes a NCIS reference) It was really nice to meet more of my husbands family and there was a bunch of photos of Grandpa and while looking at them all I could see was my husband. Out of all the children/grandchildren there Nick looked exactly like Grandpa when he was younger. It was amazing and kind of weird at the same time. I know what my son will look like in his 20s (my hubs), in his 50s (my father in law) and in his 80s (Grandpa Williams). My husband's entire family seemed to be so happy when Nick wore his ASUs. They were very grateful and proud to have Grandpa honored in this way. <3 I love my husbands family.

We are home now and yesterday decided to take Kaitlynn and Tristan to the park down the street from our house. We were having a blast until Kaitlynn fell and his her eyebrow and split it. It looked pretty bad and bleed a bit. She only cried for like a minute and then was fine. She was more upset when we had to clean it than when it happened. We examined it and it wasnt deep enough or big enough to take to the ER and get stitches. We just made sure to have her stay awake for a few hours and kept a close eye on her. She was happy to just be able to run around that her head didnt bug her much. The kiddos got a pool yesterday and just enjoyed spending the afternoon playing in it.

Well I gotta go work on dishes and then get the kiddos ready for some more pool time! Hope all is well for whoever reads this!

Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment